Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 76


Our family friends, Shawn and DeAnne Jones, introduced us to a lady who lives in our neighborhood and her stepson who lives in the Brussel Belgium area.  We hope that he gets to see Elder Empey!!!

First off, happy birthday dad! You are the best dad in the world and I
love you bunches! You are the greatest example to me! I miss you and
can't wait to hang out when I get back!


We had to do a lot of cleaning this morning and for that I don't have a whole bunch of time left to email you guys

Just a quick summary of the week. We came into Brussels on Tuesday night. On Wednesday we were super busy helping people catch busses to Paris (there was a strike and no trains were running) and then once the new missionaries came home we had to shuttle them to their new villes. Since Thursday we've been trying to get our bearings in Brussels. We've been making lots of phone call, doing lots of planning, and trying to find people with the time we have left. The members here seem super cool and love the missionaries. I saw Wade at church and I even hung out with him a bit today.

I realized that in the weekly emails I send to you I just tell you about the activities we do every day but I never really tell you guys what my thoughts are about the mission and all that. So... I just wanted to say that I am so glad I decided to serve a mission! With less than six months left I've been doing a lot of reflecting the past couple of weeks on what my mission has been. I feel like I have learned so many things and grown a lot since I've come out. I really do know that the church of Jesus Christ has been restored in our days and we are a part of that church! I have taken this knowledge for granted my whole life but now that I feel I'm starting to understand it more I am just so grateful that it is a part of my life. I love sharing these things with the people here in France an Belgium. it's been hard to see many reject what we say or some that receive an answer that it's true and still decide to not follow. But in the end that doesn't really matter, I know that I am out here doing what I need to be doing and others have their agency to choose.

I love you guys and I hope you have a great week!

Love elder empey

No comments:

Post a Comment