Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 17

Last Week's P-day in Paris


okay so its been 2 weeks since i emailed you guys cuz last p day elder Ireland and I went into Paris to see all the cool sights and we didn't have much time to email.

Paris was super fun! We left right after personal studies and got up there at 11 and spent the whole day running around to different sites! we saw the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triumph, Notre Dame, and some other cool old buildings. We also met some American members from Kaysville at the Eiffel Tower.

Things have been going pretty good with our amis. Except there was one ami we had that had a baptisimal date and everything but then he told us that he decided to go back to his old church :( the rendezvous right before that was super good too! the spirit was so strong! he said that he has felt a huge change in his life and i gave him a blessing for his knee that he has been having problems with and he said he really felt the spirit. I think he got excited about being baptised and all and told his friends about it and they probably talked him out of it or something. He was super cool and it made me really sad that he didnt want to meet with us anymore. We have a few other amis that were working with that have baptisimal dates though also so im super excited for those! One of them is supposed to get baptised next saturday! He's a really cool guy from Cameroon and he speaks English!

I hope everything is going well at home! I love you guys!

Love, Elder Empey

(I asked how his French is going)

French is aight, I feel like I can almost understand everything and then speaking is quite a bit more difficult. I can always get my idea across though.





No comments:

Post a Comment