Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 69 Transferred to Belgium! and Happy Birthday to Mom!


Dres sent this pic of him and his sweet Mom for her birthday, and a video of him and his mission buddies singing for her










Happy birthday Mom! I hope you had an awesome week! You are the best!
I love you bunches!

I'm going to be transferred up to Liege Belgium! I'm pretty stoked! Ive been in the center of our mission, east, west and now heading up to the north so that's pretty fun.

Oh and Belgium is being kinda tight with the border and whatnot so I could possibly be serving in Paris for like a week before going up there. 

In case you want to look up my comp his name is elder Zachary Reiss, I'll still be a ZL 

I'm going to be in a 4 man appt ðŸ˜† I'm excited, I've missed being in a four man. One of the guys in the other equipes is a big Hawaiian guy that we call big K, he is awesome, I knew him when I was in Metz and he was in Nancy. His comp is a new missionary that's from the Middle East, I've never met him but I'm excited to 


We had a great week! Last Saturday we started a "40 day fast" where for these next 40 days we will be leaving our apartments an hour earlier than usual and praying every hour so that we can find at least one new ami every day, 7 new Amis a week, and 40 before Christmas comes. It's been going awesome! What qualifies as a new ami is when we teach someone a lesson, give them an invitation, pray with them, and fix another rendez vous. We usually find about 2 new Amis a week and this past week we've found 8! We're pretty stoked. Some of them have come through contacting in the road, in busses, and some have come from referrals that we've received from members. 

It's been getting quite cold the past couple of days

This was my last Sunday in Rennes. It was sad to say goodbye to all of the members. Rennes is an awesome ward with a bunch of awesome people!


Love you guys! 

Elder Empey


www.facebook.com/France-Paris-Mission-Babin

From Elder Empey's mission President.  Updates can be seen on the France Paris Babin Facebook

Dear All, 

the Belgian government recently raised the security level in Brussels to the highest level. Although the action relates to Brussels and surroundings areas, we are asking all missionaries in Belgium to curtail normal proselyting activities and to stay in their apartments until further developments. Thank you for your attention, support and prayers.


Dear all,

Sister Babin and I and all the missionaries of the France Paris Mission would like to thank you for your prayers. All the missionaries are doing great and are happy to share the Word of God with the French people. We know as Ezra Taft Benson said that : "Only the gospel will save the world from the calamity of its own self-destruction. Only the gospel will unite men of all races and nationalities in peace. Only the gospel will bring joy, happiness, and salvation to the human family. It is our responsibility to bring to those who need it the Gospel and our blessing to share our testimony of the truth.
We wish you all a great Thanksgiving
Pt Babin

No comments:

Post a Comment